What is Shell & Tube Heat Exchanger?
Shell and Tube heat exchanger transfers heat between two fluids, by running one inside tubes and the other one on the surface of tubes inside the shell body.
The standard tubular heat exchanger has 4 in-out ports (two of them for the hot side, and the other two ports for the cold side circuit).
The Shell & Tube Heat Exchanger is mainly consisted of the following:
- Straight or U bend tubes enabling heat transfer
- Shell manufactured from tube or bended plate
- Face plate by which the tubes are fixed on
- Baffles directing the flow outside the tube but inside the shell and supporting the tubes
- Nozzles enabling the exit and entrance of shell side fluid
- Heat and head nozzles enabling the exit and entrance of tube side fluid
- Carrying legs enabling the assembly of heat exchanger on any base